Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent is a full-featured, freestanding backpacking tent designed for three seasons. With a high volume design, awning-style vestibules, and advanced features, this tent provides ample living space and is perfect for those looking for a lightweight and comfortable camping experience.
Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent: Lightweight and Full-Featured Backpacking Tent
Looking for a lightweight and full-featured backpacking tent that can take on any adventure? Look no further than the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent! This three-season, freestanding tent is already one of Big Agnes best-selling ultralight backpacking tents, and it just got better with cutting-edge features inside and out.
Equipped with proprietary materials that are lighter, stronger, and easier to set up, the Copper Spur HV UL2 2-person tent is perfect for backpackers who want a comfortable and spacious tent without sacrificing weight. The high volume design provides ample living space in this freestanding structure, while traditional, media, and 3D bin pockets help to organize your gear without cramping your sleep space or capacity to sit up inside.
The Copper Spur HV UL2 also features awning-style vestibules with double-zippers that provide multiple access options, two doors and two vestibules, and a new 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ at the foot that provides elevated storage. Plus, with reduced condensation, dual low-vent vestibule doors, and a high fly vent, this tent maximizes active and passive airflow to keep you comfortable in any weather.
Setting up the Copper Spur HV UL2 is a breeze thanks to smooth-closing, dual-zipper doors with easy-grip pulls and a Quick Stash door-keeper that makes stowing unzipped doors quick and easy. Velcro® tabs connect the fly to the pole structure, providing perfect pitch and extra stability, while pre-cut guylines and tensioners attached to the fly make setup a breeze.
With multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories, and mtnGLO® Tent & Camp Lights, this ultralight tent has everything you need to make your next backpacking trip a success. And, to extend the life of your tent floor, we recommend using a Big Agnes footprint (sold separately).
Whether you’re planning a multi-day backpacking trip or a weekend camping getaway, the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent is the perfect home away from home. And, with the Copper Hotel HV UL2 Accessory Fly (sold separately), you can even expand your living space for those trips when you need the extra vestibule space. Order yours today and experience the ultimate in lightweight, full-featured backpacking tents!
- Trail Weight: 1220g
- Total Weight: 1420g
- Packed Size: 50 x 15cm
- Floor Area: 2.7 m²
- Vestibule Area: 0.8 m² + 0.8 m²
- Head Height: 102cm
- Fast Fly / Shelter Mode Weight: 964g
- Footprint Weight: 142g
- Fly and floor: Silicone-treated proprietary ultralight double ripstop mixed denier nylon with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body: Proprietary ultralight double ripstop mixed denier nylon breathable and polyester mesh
- Tent corner construction: NEW proprietary construction with unique TipLok Tent Buckle™, keyed hole buckle locks pole tip securely during setup, hinged design stabilizes structure by equalizing force between tent body, rainfly, and ground stake.
- Fabric: NEW proprietary ultralight nylon double ripstop, mixed denier fabric offers extra tear strength and puncture resistance without adding weight
- Seams: All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC’s)
- Pole system: DAC Featherlite NFL and NSL pole system
- Attachment: Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame
- Pockets: 2 interior mesh pockets, 1 3-D bin pocket, 1 oversized mesh pocket with two cord-routing portals
- Stakes: 8 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes & 4 awning guylines
- Gear loft loops included
- Compatibility: UL2 compatible with all Big Agnes gear lofts – sold separately
Big Agnes is an outdoor gear and camping equipment brand that produces a wide range of products, including tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camping furniture, and other outdoor accessories. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Big Agnes is known for its innovative designs that prioritize lightweight and packability while still providing reliable shelter and comfort in the outdoors. It is particularly popular among backpackers and thru-hikers who need gear that is both durable and easy to carry on long treks.
In addition to its focus on product design, Big Agnes is also committed to sustainability and responsible manufacturing practices. It uses recycled materials in many of its products and has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce waste and energy consumption in its operations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the total weight of the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent?
What is the packed size of the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent?
Does the tent come with a footprint?
How many doors and vestibules does the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent have?
Is the tent easy to set up?
What is the Fast Fly / Shelter Mode Weight of the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent?
Is the tent waterproof?
Is the tent compatible with gear lofts?
How should I care for my Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent?
Before storing your Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Ultralight Tent, make sure it is dry and free of debris. To prevent permanent creases, fold and roll your tent in a different way each time. Store your tent in a cool, dry place and avoid leaving it in hot temperatures (such as a car trunk or attic space) for long periods of time, as this can damage the material coatings. Storing a damp tent can result in mildew growth, which may cause your tent to smell, leak, or delaminate. Please note that mildew damage is not covered under warranty.
For light cleaning, sponge the tent with warm water (not hot). For a more thorough cleaning, follow these steps:
- Fill a wash basin or bathtub with warm water (not hot).
- Submerge your tent in the water and gently agitate with your hands. Empty the dirty water and repeat until most of the excess dirt and grime is removed and the water is mostly clear.
- Apply a waterproof gear cleaner, such as Nikwax Tech Wash, to the tent and gently work it into the fabric with a sponge.
- Rinse the tent thoroughly with clean water.
- Hang the tent up to dry and ensure that it is completely dry before storing or using it again.
Please note that you should never dry clean or machine-wash your tent. Detergents and dry cleaning solvents can damage the fabric and ruin waterproofing. Also, avoid using hot water, bleach, liquid detergents, or dishwashing liquids, as these can cause damage to the tent's material. Additionally, avoid prolonged direct sunlight, as UV exposure can compromise waterproofing.
Big Agnes tents are seam-sealed as part of our manufacturing process, and the seam tape alone is durable enough to prevent water leakage. Seams that have been taped do not need to be sealed with a liquid sealer unless you want extra protection. If you decide to use a seam sealer, make sure it is completely dry before re-packing your tent. Please note that damage caused by misapplication may void the warranty.
To keep the zippers clean, vacuum or brush them before storing your tent. We recommend using Gear Aid Zipper Cleaner and Lubricant to help keep the coils and sliders from wearing out.