Availability: 4 in stock
Victorinox is a company founded by Karl Elsener and its history stretches back to 1884, when he opened his clipper workshop in Ibach-Schwyz. At that time, Switzerland was still one of the poorest countries in Europe. In his early years, Karl Elsener worked to combat poverty and unemployment in the Schwyz basin, creating jobs and helping his country stem the tide of migration. In 1891, Elsenerin produced and supplied a soldier’s knife to the Swiss Army for the first time and continued to develop the Swiss army knife and sports knife. It is the Swiss Army knife that is well known today. Victorinox’s old spirit of solidarity, deep roots in the region and strong commitment to solid values are based on traditional Elsener thinking.
Today, Victorinox is a global company with several product categories. The Swiss Army Knife remains the core product and plays a pioneering role in the development of all product categories. Quality is important to Victorinox and the company guarantees that its products meet the highest standards in all areas and quality is never compromised regardless of the place of production. Most of Victorinox’s products are still manufactured in Switzerland, or at least the partners are carefully selected in compliance with high quality standards.
Victorinox AG is still an independent family business, with 90% of its shares owned by the Victorinox Foundation. 90% of the generated profit is available to the company as reserves. The remaining 10% of the shares are owned by a non-profit foundation that supports charitable projects.