Silva Expedition Compass
The Silva Expedition Series compass is designed for experts. It features advanced tools like a slope card, rubber housing, luminous markings, a clinometer, and various map scales. The detachable lanyard has 1:25 and 1:50 scales.
Availability: 5 in stock
Silva Expedition Series Compass: Advanced Tools for Experts
The Silva Expedition Series compass is designed for professionals and experienced users. It offers a baseplate with advanced features, including a slope card for avalanche risk assessment and distance estimation on inclined terrain. The compass has a rubber housing, silicon rubber feet for map precision, a detachable safety-release distance lanyard, luminous markings, a magnifying lens, and a clinometer. It also features map scales in mm or inches and GPS scales of 1:25,000, 1:40,000, and 1:50,000, along with an adjuster for magnetic declination. The accompanying scale lanyard is detachable, bendable, and has scales of 1:25 and 1:50, useful for route planning and measurement.
- For advanced users and professionals
- Slope card. Measure avalanche risk, slopes and extra distance
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances
- Map measuring scales; mm, inch, GPS scales 1:24, 1:25, 1:40 and 1:50
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Magnifying lens for precision map work
- Rubber grip – easy handling
- Built in permanent adjuster for magnetic declination
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions
- Rubber friction feet – improved grip against map
- User Level: Expert
- Accuracy: 1°
- Dimensions: 12.7x6x1.3 cm
- Included Accessories:
- Distance lanyard (1:25, 1:50)
- Slope card
- IP Classification: Waterproof
- Measuring Scales: Inch, mm, 1:40000, 1:25000, 1:50000
- Type of Compass: Base plate compass
In 1933, Björn, Alvar, and Arvid Kjellström introduced the world’s first liquid-filled compass, marking the inception of the company. This pioneering compass not only represented a technological breakthrough but also established a global benchmark for navigation equipment. This pivotal moment gave birth to the Silva brand. A couple of years later, in 1935, the company expanded its product portfolio with the innovation of the Zeiler headlamp.
Today, the company primarily concentrates on three key product categories: sports, adventure, and professional applications. The company maintains an ongoing commitment to research and development, consistently enhancing its product offerings. This dedication to quality ensures that customers can rely on Silva’s products to enhance their outdoor experiences, making Silva a trusted companion for tomorrow’s adventures.