Sea To Summit Tent Alto Tr1
A ultralight, one-person, semi-freestanding backpacking tent for three-season adventures.
Sea To Summit Tent Alto Tr1
The Alto one-person tent is a semi-freestanding tent that is ideal for the weight-conscious single backpacker who still requires a high level of livability from their shelter.
The Alto’s revolutionary Tension Ridge architecture allows for larger bigger doors and vertical walls, creating an unparalleled amount of space. Apex Vents at the tent’s highest point effectively remove damp air and decrease condensation, while the adjustable rainfly can be folded back on both sides for stargazing, then easily deployed from within the tent. The Italian term for ‘high’ is ‘altto.’ One night will show that the Alto is better to other lightweight tents.
- Tension Ridge raises the shape of the tent upwards for more useable head-and-shoulder room, as well as creating really taller entrances for easier entry and extra vestibule storage.
- Easy setup is made possible by the color-coded ultra-strong lightweight DAC NSL poleset and fast attach pole foot.
- Premium materials such as DAC poles, YKK zippers, 7-series aluminum hardware, and a seam-taped PeU-coated rainfly are used to ensure longevity and exceptional waterproof performance.
- FairShare storage system: tent packs into three stuff sacks to distribute the weight. Stuff bags turn into gear storage compartments after being set up.
- Add a light and fasten the tent pole storage sack to the tent’s apex for soft, even illumination.
- For a dry setup and takedown, Rainfly can be put up first.
- 9 Ground Control Light Tent Pegs are included.
- 4 detachable guylines that connect fast to loops on each tent corner.
- To extend the life of your tent floor we recommend using a Sea to Summit footprint – sold separately.
- Floor area: 19.5 sq. Ft.
- Floor dimensions: 84.5 x 42 x 24 in
- Fly + footprint pitch weight: 1lb 11.3oz.
- Minimum trail weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz.
- Packed size: 4 x 18 in
- Packed weight: 2lbs. 7 oz
- Peak height: 42.5 in.
- Pole diameter: 8.7 and 9.5mm
- Vestibule area: 7.5 sq. Ft.
Sea To Summit
Sea to Summit began in 1983 when Roland Tyson, a young outdoor enthusiast, started making lightweight outdoor products on an antique sewing machine in his bedroom in Perth, Western Australia. By 1991, after outfitting the first ascent of Mt. Everest, Sea to Summit was born.
Roland's passion and talent for creating cutting-edge outdoor equipment took him to the remote Australian outback and eventually the Himalayas, where he put his inventions to the ultimate test. In 1993, Penny Sanderson joined Sea to Summit, bringing her passion for exploration and innovation. They traveled extensively, testing products and iterating on designs.
Today, Sea to Summit is a successful global brand, with Penny and Roland's love of travel and design as the foundation. They still own and manage the company and are involved in everything from developing materials to delivering high-quality gear to customers around the world.