NRS Storm Hood
Experience the chill-defying benefits of the NRS Storm Hood. This snug, full-coverage neoprene hood, with its 2.5 mm insulation, ensures water resistance and warmth. Adjustable face drawcord, titanium-laminate adhesive, and liquid sealant seams enhance its protection. Lined with quick-drying Checked VaporLoft™, it offers added comfort. The sturdy visor blocks sun and dripping water, while the long collar minimizes water entry. Stay warm, stay dry!
NRS Storm Hood: Superior Cold-Weather Protection for Watersports
With plenty of mid-winter rolls under your belt, you’ll soon appreciate the advantages offered by the NRS Storm Hood. Designed for optimal coverage, this full-coverage neoprene hood forms a snug fit to keep water at bay and retain warmth.
- Its 2.5 mm neoprene construction provides outstanding insulation against both cold water and chilly winds.
- An adjustable barrel-lock drawcord around the face opening allows for a tailored, watertight fit, reducing water flushing.
- Enhancing the hood’s heat-retention capabilities is a layer of titanium-laminate adhesive, while a liquid sealant waterproofs the seams for additional protection.
- The hood’s lining features quick-drying Checked VaporLoft™, which not only adds an extra layer of warmth but also ensures a comfortable wear without the usual wet and clammy sensation.
- Equipped with a sturdy yet flexible visor, the hood provides shade to your eyes and prevents water from dripping into them.
- Its long collar design, meant to be sandwiched between your dry suit or dry top’s overcuff and the neck gasket, further reduces potential water entry, thereby preserving your body warmth.
- Weight: Medium – 6 oz.
- Neoprene: 2.5 mm thickness
- Material: VaporLoft™ lining and titanium laminate adhesive
- Seams: Flat-lock stitched for durability
- Gender Sizing: Unisex
|Size||Head Circ. (cm)||Head Circ. (in)|
|S||51 – 55||20 – 21.5|
|M||55 – 58||21.5 – 23|
|L||58 – 62||23 – 24.5|
NRS, celebrating 50 years, was founded in 1972 by Bill Parks, a passionate river runner and business professor. With a $2,000 investment, he started with boating gear in his garage and created the first Northwest River Supplies catalog. Bill’s love for rivers, adventure, and helping others pursue their water passions continues to inspire the dedicated team, even after his passing at 88. Today, nearly 100 employee-owners are committed to carrying forward his vision, all driven by their shared love for water and adventure.