Åsnes Kongsvold BC Skis
The Kongsvold BC ski is a stable backcountry ski without steel edges, ideal for hunters and forest walkers. It has a soft tip and a large support surface that make it easy to turn and flow smoothly. The middle section is extra stiff, so you can use shorter skis. It’s great for demanding terrain and perfect for winter hunting or skiing in the forest.
Åsnes Kongsvold BC Skis
The Kongsvold BC ski is an easy-turning backcountry ski with good carrying capacity, designed for hunters, forest walkers, and deep snow enthusiasts. This ski does not have steel edges, making it dog-friendly and ideal for those who often ski with a companion.
The ski has a soft tip and a large support surface, providing good flow and turnability. It has an extra stiff middle section and more torsional stiffness than traditional mountain skis, which allows for skis that are up to 10 cm shorter.
Kongsvold BC is stable, easy to turn, and can handle demanding terrain. If you are a steady skier and the conditions are good, you can even drive parallel turns with this ski. It is a faithful friend for winter hunting in the tree line or skiing in the forest.
For ski length, we recommend choosing a length that is approximately your body length or slightly longer. The recommended width for X-skin short pips is 58mm, but if you want better glide on flat areas, X-skin 45mm Mohair is a good alternative as pips number two.
- Easy-turning: The Kongsvold BC ski is designed to be easy-turning, making it ideal for backcountry skiing in demanding terrain.
- Good carrying capacity: With its extra stiff middle section and large support surface, the Kongsvold BC ski has a good carrying capacity, making it suitable for winter hunting, forest walks, and deep snow adventures.
- No steel edges: The Kongsvold BC ski does not have steel edges, making it dog-friendly and well-suited for those who often ski with a companion.
- Soft tip: The soft tip of the Kongsvold BC ski provides good flow and turnability, making it easier to navigate through deep snow.
- Torsional stiffness: Compared to traditional mountain skis, the Kongsvold BC ski has more torsional stiffness, which allows for skis that are up to 10 cm shorter.
- Stable: The Kongsvold BC ski is designed to be stable, providing better control and balance in challenging terrain.
- Versatile: The Kongsvold BC ski is versatile, making it suitable for a range of backcountry conditions, from steep and technical descents to long tours in deep snow.
- Skin insert
- Sintered and spreadable
- Material: Poplar wood core
- Use: hunting in the tree line
- Construction: Cap
- Dog friendly: Without steel edge
- Binding: bc / 75mm
- Width: 96 | 66 | 85
- Weight: 975 g per ski (190cm)
- Made in Czech Republic
Åsnes is a renowned Norwegian brand that has a history of producing high-quality skis for touring and mountaineering for over 100 years. The brand was established by the Åsnes family in 1922, and in 1933, they built their first factory.
The company expanded over the years and experienced significant success, manufacturing over 137,000 pairs of skis in 1977. However, the beginning of the 1980s was a challenging time, and in 1998 the company declared bankruptcy. This led to the establishment of a new company called Åsnes Ski AS. Currently, Åsnes Ski AS is a subsidiary of Active Brands AS, which continues to operate the brand.
Today, Åsnes is a world leader in the production of backcountry nordic skis, also known in Norway as “fjellski,” and is the preferred choice for skis among polar expeditions worldwide. Additionally, the brand is a distributor of trap brands such as Colltex and Pomoca. Åsnes is famous for its alpine and cross-country skis, touring poles, and patented trap lock introduced in 2003.
Apart from skis, Åsnes also produces other ski-related equipment such as bindings, poles, and skins. The company has a strong focus on sustainability and uses environmentally friendly materials and production methods wherever possible.
Åsnes has a long history of supplying the Norwegian military with skis, and the brand is also popular among international expeditions and adventure skiers. Despite the production being moved out of Norway, Åsnes still designs and constructs its skis in Voss, Norway, and continues to be a market leader in mountain skiing and leading other developments in the category.