Åsnes Cecilie BC Waxless Skis
Discover the Åsnes Cecilie BC Waxless Skis, designed with adventurer Cecilie Skog, for an effortless backcountry skiing experience that lets you explore diverse terrains with ease and freedom.
Åsnes Cecilie BC Waxless Skis: Effortless Adventure for Women
Cecilie BC Waxless is a grease-free ski, almost identical to the bestseller Cecilie BC, developed in collaboration with adventurer Cecilie Skog. It has a full steel edge, moderate gait, and is suitable for girls. The ski offers easy handling, good flow properties, and a small and low tension curve that guarantees good grip in any snow condition. The ski also features Åsnes’ patented trap lock and a self-developed “shell pattern” that works well in several snow conditions. X-skin short traps are recommended for optimal use, and all Waxless skis come with an integrated trap lock for a simple and reliable combination without lubrication or glue.
Cecilie Skog is one of the world’s leading adventurers, specializing in polar exploration and mountaineering. She holds the distinction of being the first woman to reach both the South and North Poles, as well as the highest peaks on each of the seven continents (known as the Seven Summits). This incredible feat is referred to as “The Explorers Grand Slam.” Additionally, Cecilie has crossed Greenland multiple times and has successfully climbed several peaks over 8,000 meters, including Cho Oyu and K2.
- Waxless base: The skis come with a waxless base, which means you don’t need to apply wax to the base for grip.
- Versatile design: The skis are versatile and can be used for different types of backcountry skiing, including touring and off-trail skiing.
- Lightweight: The skis are relatively lightweight, making them easy to maneuver and carry.
- Steel edges: The skis have steel edges, which provide better control and stability on icy or hard-packed snow.
- Wood core: The skis are made with a lightweight wood core that provides strength and durability.
- Skin insert, which is a removable section of the ski base that can be replaced with a skin. The skin insert provides extra grip and traction when skiing uphill, particularly on steep or icy terrain.
- Sizing: The skis are available in various lengths to suit different skiers’ heights and weights.
- Binding compatibility: The skis are compatible with most types of backcountry ski bindings, providing flexibility for skiers to choose the bindings they prefer.
- Steel edge
- Skin insert
- Material: poplar wood core
- Use: grease-free all-round mountain skis
- Construction: Cap
- Binding: bc/75mm
- Width: 76-56-66
- Weight: 895g per ski (180cm)
- Made in Czech Republic
Åsnes is a renowned Norwegian brand that has a history of producing high-quality skis for touring and mountaineering for over 100 years. The brand was established by the Åsnes family in 1922, and in 1933, they built their first factory.
The company expanded over the years and experienced significant success, manufacturing over 137,000 pairs of skis in 1977. However, the beginning of the 1980s was a challenging time, and in 1998 the company declared bankruptcy. This led to the establishment of a new company called Åsnes Ski AS. Currently, Åsnes Ski AS is a subsidiary of Active Brands AS, which continues to operate the brand.
Today, Åsnes is a world leader in the production of backcountry nordic skis, also known in Norway as “fjellski,” and is the preferred choice for skis among polar expeditions worldwide. Additionally, the brand is a distributor of trap brands such as Colltex and Pomoca. Åsnes is famous for its alpine and cross-country skis, touring poles, and patented trap lock introduced in 2003.
Apart from skis, Åsnes also produces other ski-related equipment such as bindings, poles, and skins. The company has a strong focus on sustainability and uses environmentally friendly materials and production methods wherever possible.
Åsnes has a long history of supplying the Norwegian military with skis, and the brand is also popular among international expeditions and adventure skiers. Despite the production being moved out of Norway, Åsnes still designs and constructs its skis in Voss, Norway, and continues to be a market leader in mountain skiing and leading other developments in the category.